A spirit of resilience and hope are alive on campus despite the challenging circumstances in our world today. In the past few weeks, I have been incredibly proud of the way everyone from faculty and staff to students and parents have pulled together as an even stronger community, though we are apart. I am grateful to them, and I am grateful to our alumni and donor community for their expressions of concern and support especially during this time.
Many of you have already reached out to lend your support and ask how you can best help in this time of uncertainty. In response, we are launching the Rabun Gap Promise Fund. Gifts to this fund will allow Rabun Gap to assist with emergent needs for current and unforeseen expenses related to COVID-19. This fund will provide assistance for expenses such as:
- Student and faculty resources for online learning
- Support for College Counseling to assist graduating seniors remotely
- Scholarship and financial aid for students whose families have been impacted
- Counseling and pastoral support for students
- Health and safety materials and staffing for the spring and the fall
Rabun Gap celebrates the spirit of one community though we are apart. Thank you all for being a special part of our Rabun Gap family.
Head of School