The Georgia Education Tax Credit program, in place since 2008, allows Georgians who pay income tax in Georgia to direct their tax dollars to provide scholarships for Georgia students to attend Rabun Gap. The School is partnering with Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, a student scholarship organization (SSO) approved by the state of Georgia.
Taxpayers can redirect their Georgia income taxes based on their filing status:
- Married filing jointly - up to $2500
- Individual filer - up to $1000
- Married, filing separate - up to $1250
- Individuals with pass-through income (Partners, LLC members and S-Corporation shareholders) can redirect up to $10,000 per owner. Pass-through participants still receive the dollar for dollar tax credit on their state income tax return.
- C Corporations can redirect up to 75% of Georgia income tax liability.